Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nebraska 3

While I was in Nebraska I got to go with my Dad and Diann to visit some people in their ward and people who were investigators. My Dad’s branch is kind of small and covers a lot of the inner city. We went and took thanksgiving dinner to a mom and her two daughters. It was so sad. The mom didn’t have teeth and the living conditions were just horrible. I never expected that it would be like that. I just felt so bad for these people, I don’t know how they could live like that. It’s weird to see the difference from what I saw there to what I saw in Africa. The Africans have mud huts, dirt floors and stick roofs but they keep them as tidy as they can. These people have houses that would last through a storm but they can’t keep them tidy or clean. Some of the houses have cock roaches all over them and just bugs and mice everywhere. If they could just take care of them they wouldn’t have all the problems. They are just use to living like that though so they don’t even realize how bad it is.

3 comments:

The Lamoreaux Family said...

Hi Nikki
Wow, what an amazing experience. HOw are you??
KRisti

Tyson & Erin said...

Hey! I didn't know you had a blog. How's basketball and school treating you? Our blog is going to be private soon so you should e-mail me so I can add you to be able to view it. My e-mail is erinjarrett@hotmail.com.

THE STORY's said...

HI guess who...... its your cuz alicia add me to you buddies!!!!